Ready for Women: Fellowship Application 2018
Councilwoman Nury Martinez has developed a summer fellowship program that will inspire and develop the next generation of female political leaders. We will train young women to carry their existing leadership skills into the public sector and to public office. Fellows will be introduced to the importance of leadership and develop a foundation in public policy with hands on experience in local government, spending four days each week (Monday-Thursday) learning all facets of public policy. On Fridays, Fellows will participate in leadership seminars where they will be given the opportunity to hear from women in leadership, as well as discuss policy issues facing local government and how to propose effective solutions.
We are looking for candidates who are deeply driven, passionate about improving their community, have proven that they are motivated in school, involved in extracurricular activities, and have a genuine interest in one day running for office.
- Must be enrolled in Community College or 4-year University, and have completed at least one year of college, or have graduated within last year.
- Have evidence of leadership skills and potential for leadership growth.
- Must have outstanding analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in public service.
The fellowship will be paid and requires 20 hours per week Monday-Friday. You must be available to start on July 24 and end on September 14. Dates are not negotiable.
In addition to this application, you are required to submit:
- Resume (please include volunteer and extracurricular activities on resume)
- Unofficial transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from a non-relative
Please send these documents in ONE PDF to email@example.com. No other formats will be accepted.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications are due Friday, June 8, 2018.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.